Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frost, frost & more frost!!

Posted by spamolla 5 Waterford (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 20, 06 at 21:40

Hey guys, gals it's that time once again! That nasty old man jack will be visiting Southern Wi. tonight...

So don't forget to cover up or bring inside.
Ah yes, the fun begins!!

Waaa... Waaa...! :(
Tammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frost, frost & more frost!!

Yes indeed, I was hit in Waukesha last night.
Covered the pumpkins, and this morning had frost on the blankets. Now for 6 wks of 70 degree days?!

o

Where is this global warming we keep hearing about? Shouldn't our growing seasons be noticeably longer if Polar bears are in danger of falling thru melting arctic ice and permafrost is going, going, gone?

o

Well, we missed it in southern Milw. cty. Tuesday we got down to 42 and Wednesday nite 40. Guess living close to the lake helps. It's going to be warmer for awhile now so we don't have to worry.

Kat

o

I had carried lots of plants inside and into the garage, and covered flowers and vegies. Hubby said in the morning there was frost on some of the low-lying covers, but I could not observe any signs of frost having occurred in the yard. Except the morning glories don't look quite as perky as normal perhaps. But no withered leaves or anything. I am about 8 miles from the lake in northern Racine County, so that probably helped. Have already harvested lots of tomatoes and beans and cucumbers and things, so not many vegies to worry about. Mostly I was covering up various flowers (those darn dahlias are finally blooming) and the tomatillos. I planted things so late I have gladiolas blooming right now.

About global warming, have you forgotten last year? The first really hard, killed-everything frost that covering did not impede was Nov. 10th! That is freakishly abnormal and extremely late for my area. I was picking beans on Nov. 4th last year, that is weird. This is WI!

Marcia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here