Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I found this beetle on my lilac bush

toomuchglass
14 years ago

.....I am so sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum .... I'm just "lost" at trying to find info . I'm new into gardening all together ... Since I'm in Milwaukee ,WI .... I thought I'd ask here first . ( if you can direct me somewhere else ~ tell me and I will go ! )

I HATE bugs . They make my skin crawl. **BUT** I was out by my lilacs .. and saw this beautiful beetle on a leave. I've never seen anything like it . I actually picked it up & let it crawl on me - I was so fascinated. The markings were fantastic. I searched the web with every key word I could think of ... I only got one picture that was "Similar" - not exact .

Here's my description ..... it was about a half inch long .... just a beetle type bug. It's head was irridrized blue/greenish .... on his back were very thin back & yellow stripes -- Horizontaly . (* Not a cucumber beetle ) In the middle of it's back - it had a marking that looked like a shield .... irrid. too . It was so pretty . I found this pic on the net that is the closest thing I can find to it's description.

Do you know ? Is it a friend or foe ? Thank you all for helping me ! :-)

{{gwi:1353366}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor