Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LaCrosse/LaCrescent gardeners

Posted by rachel_wi_5 z5WI (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 15, 08 at 16:18

We are planning a trip from Manitowoc to the LaCrosse area this Saturday, October 18, and if anyone seeing this post would know where we could find some Hickory Nuts I would really appreciate hearing from you. I would love to get a hickory nut tree seedling also to plant in my Manitowoc yard. We are going to be looking for apples in LaCrescent, too, besides doing some sight seeing and picture taking. I hope it isn't too late already for the beautiful fall colors. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LaCrosse/LaCrescent gardeners

Hope it was fun.

tj

o
RE: LaCrosse/LaCrescent gardeners

We had a great time. I have twin daughters, one of which is the mother of two darling little girls, ages 8 and 5, and her twin, with whom I live as we gave her our house years ago. We all went in the big Suburban that the married daughter owns. We took the dog, too, who is too old and attached to us to leave home with anyone else. We tried to get up onto Granddad Bluff, but the usual way was under construction, so we passed up that trip and went to LaCrescent where we bought several different kinds of apples. We did some sight seeing and picture taking at the Minnesota Welcome Center, then drove back to LaCrosse and decided to take another route home. We found an alternate route to Granddad Bluff so we got up there anyway. We headed home on highway 33, but missed a turn somewhere and ended up in Tomah, so we took highway 21 back across the state to Manitowoc. We were really surprised at the gas mileage the Suburban got. The colors were already a little past their best, but we did get some nice pictures anyway.
I'm still hoping to find someone who has hickory nuts and possibly a hickory nut tree seedling that I could get. I'll be starting primrose seed soon and as soon as we get back from our trip to Virginia in March, I'll be starting all my tomatoes for another year. It's finally warming up a little and tonight it's raining. Looking forward to having all the snow washed away soon. It's been here way too long this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here