Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691274

Snow! Snow! Snow!

User
17 years ago

Wowsers, our first BIG SNOW! I was gonna drive over to the Twin Cities this a.m. to visit my sister, but something told me not to. Over a foot has fallen so far on Three Lakes, and there are reports of 6+" all over the place. How much snow are you getting?

Constance.

Comments (12)

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Wow, Constance! Guess that's why your the snowmobile capital of the World. :) Here we are to get up to 3 inches. However, it is not staying on the ground as of yet.
    What a big change in weather from yesterdays upper fifties to today.I got 32 on thermometer now. :( Enjoy, and make a snow angel for me. LOL

~Gardeningmomof3

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    17 years ago

Right now we've got rain, 42 and very windy. Later this evening it's supposed to change to rain/snow. Doesn't look like we're going to get any snow that stays. Saturday it's supposed to clear up. I see in parts of Minn. it's blizzard conditions. Glad I don't live there!
    Stay safe and warm!

Kat

• User
    17 years ago

Not a single flake here, near Siren. I'm doing my "snow dance", would like to see LOTS of it this year! :-)

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Well we did have about an inch this morning. However its all gone already. Would be nice to get a good amount of snow for once. Definately do for it again. Been to many years of not having much. Just make sure its not a rain dance your doing, we don't want black ice instead of snow:) Quite a few accidents though with this snowstorm, of course being it the first one, lots of people don't remember how to drive in it. Not to bad, out, is 36 out right now.

"let it snow"

~Gardeningmomof3

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, in Eagle River we only ended up with 2", but 16 miles south at my brother's he got 12". Go figure.

It's beautiful, but I'm still not ready. I think the snow should start on 1 December and only come at night after I'm home. I have a plan:

Summer starts 1 June, and it only rains at night. Temps should be between 70 and 85.

Fall starts 1 October. Again, it can only rain at night, and the colored leaves have to stay on until Winter begins. Temps between 60 and 70.

Winter starts on 1 December. It can only snow once I'm home for the day, and temps are between 10 and 35.

Spring starts promptly on 1 April. It only rains at night, and the temps are 60 to 70.

What do you all think of this plan?

Constance :0

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    17 years ago

Constance, just one little change...Spring should start March 1st instead of April 1st. :) I really don't like it when it goes below 10, but living in a northern state, I guess I'd put up with it! LOL!!

Kat

• daddylonglegs
    17 years ago

Constance,

I like your plan but with one minor change, winter temps can't creep above 32F. I want the snow to stay, protects the plants and keeps the kids on the sledding hill.
    If you implement the plan let me know, I'll have my raft on the river April 1 for some white water rafting during the run off!

Rich

• User
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kat, I do like your suggestion, but the snowmobile trails officially close March 31, and it's big business up here. Sorry, we gotta stick with April 1!

Rich, you are absolutely right--how about temps between 15 and 28?

Con.

• PRO
    Catrina's Garden
    17 years ago

Hi Con,
    Sounds like a plan. Talk to the big guy for us okay? I like the part about leaves staying on. I wouldn't mind if it rained durring the day occasionally. If it dosen't I never get my house cleaned.
    Catrina

• skyblue
    17 years ago

we havent had a snow .. a real snow.. for years[ im near milwaukee] i remember as a teen we had tons of snow by thanskgiving. the little snow we have now that people think are big snows are nothing. we have had one snow so far and here it is almost january.lets hear it for a real blizzars yay!!!!

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

One like Colorado got would be nice. Good 20 inches of snow would keep the kids busy for days. LOL

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    17 years ago

A good snow fall is nice once a year. :) I'm happy with the way it is. We had a very good summer too. Enough rain where we didn't have to water our lawn once and it stayed nice and green. In fact, it's still good and green now! LOL!

Kat

Sponsored