Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandibluffs

RR for WI & surrounding areas?

SandiBluffs
18 years ago

Anyone interested in doing a Round Robin for the Zone3-5 group? LMK

I have veggies & flowers, some herbs, some grasses. What are you interested in?

I need at least 5+ people to do this. ..........SandiBluffs

Comments (54)

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I love your enthusiasm!!

Alright then, we have 2, just need 3 more and we can play the game!

I have about 50 packets filled and ready to go. Included are perennials, herbs, grasses and a few veggies. This is a potluck, so whatever seeds work for you is good.

Enjoy the moment. :) SB

• putzer
    18 years ago

I would love to try this-thanks for telling us how it works, because I never knew. Should be fun!

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy New Year everyone!!

Catrina, periwinkle3b & Putzer, go ahead and send me your address and I will get the list started. My email is: ridge957@yahoo.com

Anyone else who would like to join this Round Robin, please send your address. We just need 2 more before we can start! SB

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK, I have 5 players. I am just waiting for an address and email from one person. Then we can proceed.

If anyone else wants to join, be sure to post\email. If I haven't sent the package by then, I will add your name, as well.

Happy trading!...............SB

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The game is on! I have the Robin ready to go. I will send it on Tuesday.

This is the line up of players:

1. skyblue52
    2. Catrina
    3. Ward Johnson
    4. periwinklez3b
    5. Putzer
    6. SandiBluffs

All the instructions are in the package, including labels. If you run into a snag, for some reason, I have included my email and phone#, just in case.

Be sure to post or email me when you receive the Robin and again when you send it. This should help everyone.

Thanks in advance for your participation and your timely sending of the Robin. SB :)

• periwinklez3b
    18 years ago

this is so cool. Sandi, thank you much for doing this!!

• putzer
    18 years ago

I second periwinkle-it's nice to be able to look forward to something spring-related! Thank you, Sandi!

• putzer
    18 years ago

How long do we have to look through it and add things?

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Good question. Take a day or 2 to look through the packets. No more than 3, so the people waiting won't have to wait too long. Instructions are included, too. Be sure to check them out.

While you are waiting for the RR, you can look at the list for the next person after you. See if there is anything from their want list you can add in the Robin.

Have your packets ready to go before you get the Robin and it will be easier to send the package faster.

Sky blue has the Robin now. She will send it out shortly.

Catrina you are next on the list. Definitely watch for it toward the end of the week. Let me know when it arrives...SB :)

• elvis
    18 years ago

Whoa there! I want in, too. Couldn't log onto to GW for a few days--some sort of glitch. Am I too late?

Constance.

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi there, Elvis, email me and I'll see what we can work out. The RR is at the first house now. You could jump in after Putzer.

Email me at: ridge957@yahoo.com Send me your land address and email address. Glad to have you join us. :) SB

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there, everyone, the Robin has flown and is winging its way to Catrina's house. It should be there in a few days. .........................SB :)

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

bump

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there, looks like some people may be having difficulty logging on for some reason. If you are having trouble with this, please email me concerning the Robin. I will post here to keep everyone updated. TY

Everything is on schedule so far. :).........SB

• lynxville
    18 years ago

This sounds like fun, can I get in too?

Don't know if I have much to offer, but I have some veggies and morning glory seeds from last year. I picked the seeds from varieties that did outstanding last year. The mg were 15 feet tall and bloomed all year.

Bill

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there, Bill. Happy Birthday! Are you from Lynxville? That's just down the road from me. :)

For the RR, send me your land address and email and I will work you in. Sound good?

My email is up 4-5 posts. Glad you could join the fun! SandiB :)

• putzer
    18 years ago

Where is it at now? Has the list changed?

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

.........and now, an update.............

The Robin is at Catrina's house. She is second on the list and is diligently working on it as I type. :)

No change in the list, so far. Putzer, the Robin will probably fly to your house in about 3-4 weeks. It seems to take about 1 week for each player.

While you all are waiting, you could prepare your seed packets, so they are ready to go when you get the Robin. That is what seems to take me the longest. When the Robin comes, you can just change up the packets and send it off right away.

Ward Johnson will be the next Robin receiver. I'll post when he gets it.

Keep checking back for updates. Just for fun, while we are waiting, maybe we all would like to post our wish lists here. :) SB

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Sandi: Thanks for the update. I'm really excited to receive it. What if I don't have too much? (I will have 3 types of seeds I think). Does that mean I should only take 3 or less? Thanks.

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there, periwinkle...why don't you pack 2 of each kind of seed that you have. 3 kinds X 2 = 6 packs You may have other seeds that you haven't thought about, too. I never think that I have much till I start packing them. They seem to multiply by themselves. :)

I will be unavailable till Tuesday, so keep the posts coming. I'll check in with yall on Tuesday.

In the meantime, here is my wish list:
    1. basils
    2. lettuces\asian greens\spinach
    3. ornamental kale\cabbage
    4. heirloom tomatoes\peppers
    5. scarlet runner beans
    6. sugar beets\mangels
    7.sweet peas
    8.clematis
    9.nasturtium

What's on your wish list???.............SB

• PRO
    Catrina's Garden
    18 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Please forgive me I have the robin. I really should have asked Sandy to put me further down the list, but I didn't see the post about the order until I loged on just now. I've been really slow because I had shoulder, wrist and elbow surgery on tues. I'm doing pretty good, just takes so long to do everything with one hand. Can't really type or write either so please excuse the poor labeling too. My daughter helped me with it. Let me know if you have questions about my seeds in a few weeks I should be able to type better. I had it ready to go out this am but dh forgot to mail it. MONDAY FOR SURE. Receiving the robin was a bright point for me this week. Thanks everyone for your patience.
    Catrina

• putzer
    18 years ago

Catrina, that sounds painful! I hope you heal extra quick :)

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Just wanted to bump the list of robins up (for reference).
    Am getting my seeds ready...........!

Denise

• PRO
    Catrina's Garden
    18 years ago

Hey Ward, did ya get it?
    C

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Bump. Just wondering where the Round Robin is now?

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The Robin should be on its way or at the home of Ward Johnson. I haven't heard anything since Catrina posted that it had been sent. I will email him again and see if he has an update. Periwinkle, you are next. :) SB

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

I'm next? Yay.

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Ward, where Are you?

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

I guess Ward must've gone to the Post Office 'cuz Guess what? I got the package today---Yay!
    Do I sound like an excited kid? Well yeah! I mean how often do you receive the promise of Summer, color, fragrance, beauty?

Yay!

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Periwinkle, so glad to hear you have received the Robin!!!
    Hope you have a great time with it.

Be sure to post or email when you send it again.

Putzer is next after Periwinkle. :) SB

• putzer
    18 years ago

lol, I feel exactly like Periwinkle!! Yay!

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Putzer: :)

• elvis
    18 years ago

When do I get the Robin? Are we there yet, LOL?

Con.

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there, Elvis! Putzer is going to send the RR back to me and then I am going to re-address the RR so you and Lynxville can do the RR, too. Might be 2 weeks, yet. Won't take long to re-address, though. :)

If anyone else still wants to be a part of this final round, let me know and I will include your address with Elvis and lynxville. SB

• putzer
    18 years ago

lynxville, do you have a seed wish list?

• periwinkledenise
    18 years ago

Hi Putzer: I'm sending it to you in just a few minutes (after work--going to the Post Office).

• putzer
    18 years ago

Yay!! lol

thanks, periwinkle!

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there! Happy snow day everyone!!

The RR is on its way to elvis. It should arrive within a few days. I sent it on Wednesday. Hope you have a great time with it, elvis.

Lynxville is after elvis. Then it comes back to SandiBluffs. ..........SB :)

• elvis
    18 years ago

Okay! Ready for action--will Lynxville's addy be in there? It will go out on next business day after I receive it.

Whoo-hoo!

Con.

• putzer
    18 years ago

By the time it gets back to Sandi, Lynx will have to rent a UHaul-it's a fat robin! (Just as a side note-thanks to everyone who did this-I love it! And thanks to Sandi :)

• elvis
    18 years ago

Good morning, all! The Robin has landed. Denise, you could have driven up here or me down there--I took some of your moonflowers, LOL!

It's -27 here, and I am not going to start my vehicle, so the Robin will fly Monday without fail--I've added 30+ new varieties to the mix; should be fun for Bill.

Got the allium cernuum from my wish list, as well as a dozen or so I didn't know I needed :)

Thanks, everyone. This is just right for the season--

All the best,

Con.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Whoops! P.O. is closed for President's Day. LM amend the above to say Tuesday without fail!

Con.

• lynxville
    18 years ago

Just waiting for that box, got some heirloom tomato seeds, hot peppers, and a few others to add. Two weeks and I am starting my pepper seeds, getting the garden itch. I ordered a dump truck load of manure for the garden, so I am hoping to have a good year.

Had a little set back with the weather last week, but I can feel the warm rays of the sun picking up steam. Soon I'll be outside put-zing around.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Lynx--BIG bubbler went out Priority Mail Tuesday. Turned out that is was cheaper than regular mail with Delivery Confirmation--go figure...

Let us know when the Robin lands--yesterday or today, I would think!

Con.

• lynxville
    18 years ago

Got the rr last night, lot's of great stuff in there. I will send it to Sandy after I am done. Does anyone know if she's last on the list or is it going around some more?

This thing is getting quite large. What we gonna do with the left overs?

Bill

• putzer
    18 years ago

What if we just keep sending it around? (Do they do that)?? Just an idea.

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi there everyone. We have been a great team. The robin is almost back home and has not seen a single glitch!! Thanks everyone. :)

Catrina, I know this was tough for you having it come right during and after your surgery. Thanks for your diligence in keeping it going.

I am indeed the last one on the list. With seed and plant swaps, many times the extra seeds are shared with a food pantry or others who don't have access to such an opportunity. Then there is the "newbie SASBE".

Do you all have some creative ideas for sharing the extra seeds? ...........SB

• SandiBluffs
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey there everyone, the Robin has landed! Just wanted to thank everyone who participated for making this a successful and fun Round Robin.

If you would like to do this again next year, please keep January in mind. We can be collecting seeds all year now. ....SB :)

• elvis
    18 years ago

A big thank you Sandy, for doing this. Hugs!!!

Con.

• putzer
    18 years ago

Yes, thank you so much, Sandy-it was great meeting you! I hope you received seeds you wanted as well.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting