Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jungseed

Frightful!

jungseed
15 years ago

Well, the weather outside is nasty. I'm at work, only hit one really bad spot on the drive. Thought I was going to be stuck in the middle of the road.

Hope everyone else is warm and snug at home.

(only 6 more months to spring)

Ruth

Comments (11)

• justaguy2
    15 years ago

Heh, I went out with the snow blower and found the snow over a foot high in places. The snow plow did me no favors either.

Early on I must have hit a large patch of ice because the blower made a ton of noise and then the plastic snow shoot blew right off. I was worried because using a shovel for all that snow was not an exciting idea. Fortunately it didn't break and I could reattach it.

Supposedly more snow is on it's way.

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    15 years ago

We got 12" of snow. We had drifts by our home almost 4ft high. Luckily I had off today so didn't have to travel. I heard more snow Saturday night...possible 4"-7". Then a bad cold front moving in. I'm not looking forward to it.

Kat

• jungseed
    Original Author
    15 years ago

we seem to have made it through the cold now. More snow tonight and tomorrow.
    Just came from outside - it is really pretty. Everything is white and clean, the sky is bright blue.
    It would be really nice if it was above 5 degrees.

• happyday
    15 years ago

We got over 13" in sw, then winds and it drifted. More on the way. Are people near the lake getting more lake-effect snow?

Here is a great site to watch the storms come in on satellite data
    http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=wisconsin&wuSelect=WEATHER
    Click Regional Radar under the Radar/Webcam for larger window. Below that you can click Map of U.S. Regions for an overview of the whole United States.

Everyone be careful driving, and have a Merry Christmas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Great weather watching site

• jungseed
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it for the rest of this winter!

• happyday
    15 years ago

You'll like it in summer too, when you are looking for the next rain to come your way! :)

Right now we have impenetrable fog, light rain, and a sheet of glass on everything. Everyone be careful if you have to drive.

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    15 years ago

Very good link Happyday. I've got it saved too.

Kat

• jan44
    15 years ago

Fog, rain and all the snow is melting, leaving bare gardens. The 4' snow bank that my idiot neighbor plowed close to my house from his 6-car garage (which is 8 feet from my house) will surely leak into my basement. He's never outside, except to plow free his six spaces(plus one outside for the plow)onto my property. So when I e-mail him, nicely asking for him to keep it 10 feet from my house he throws the f-bomb at me. Nice. Gotta love neighbors being jerks. Makes winter such a joy! I'm going to go plant some seeds to try to revive my good mood.

• jungseed
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sorry to hear about the neighbor. I'm just waiting to see what we get next for weather. This every other day snow just isn't do it for me. Gotta admit it looks pretty on the days it doesn't snow.

• daisybelle1
    15 years ago

I think I made my snowplow guy's house payment this month! He was here 8 times!

Lisa in La Crosse

• jungseed
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I know it's not funny Lisa, but thanks for the laugh. Only 4 full months of winter left.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!