Return to the Wisconsin Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woo Whooo - Welcome to GW Wisconson!!!!

Posted by Julie_MN z4 MN Henn (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 11, 05 at 13:29

Hello there from your neighbor in MN! I am so very happy for you all! This has been long overdue!
Congradulations to you all! Here's hoping you will all have many happy hours spent here!
Happy Gardening! And don't forget to come visit your neighbors in the MN forum!

Your neighbor-
Julie

Julie_MN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woo Whooo - Welcome to GW Wisconson!!!!

Thanks Julie! I'm hoping more people from Wisconsin will see this forum. Minn. is a beautiful state too, though you get colder and a lot more snow than where I live in Wisconsin. But I figure if plants can survive by you, then they'll make it by me just fine! :)

Kat

o

Hi Julie and Thank You.
I lived in your great city of Minneapolis one summer--liked it very much! Loved the Minneapolis Art Institute BTW.

I'm a couple of zones colder than you and so have appreciated the chance to have this forum. Thanks again.

o
RE: Woo Whooo - Welcome to GW Wisconsin!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome, Julie. Your forum has been the closest we've had to our kind of gardening. I've lurked at Far North, but it seems to be almost exclusively Canadians, and there are trading issues. This is soooo great!

Constance.

o

Congratulations to all of you on your own forum! Elvis and all the others, I hope we don't totally lose all of you, but I guess we have kind of taken over the Far North forum in Canada, haven't we? We do tend to deal with a lot of issues that seem to be exclusively Canadian, eh but I guess that is because, relatively speaking, we are considered Far North - although to us the Arctic Circle is the FAR North. LOL

Anyway, it is long coming for you to have your very own forum but do still drop in to FN once in awhile and say "hi".

Shauna

o

Merry Christmas, Shauna! I think a lot of us lurk (I know I do) on FN, but it seems to be a pretty tight group up there, and I find the idea of jumping in somewhat intimidating. Hopefully I'll get over that!

Constance.

o

Hi Shauna: I used to post regularly on Far North too but I fell in love with another site (Gardenbuddies!!) and spend most of my internet time there.
I was glad to see the suggestion made for a Wisconsin forum after I realized that I wanted to learn/share with other gardeners from my state--which has its own unique gardening . Someone made the Suggestion on "Suggestions/Comments" and I added to it and helped bump the thread up until someone from I Village responded. And they did!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wisconsin Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here