Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny442

What are you ordering for next year?

honeybunny442
18 years ago

So what are you ordering to plant next year? I'm looking at some funky colored vegetables, like purple potatoes and carrots. I just got my Parks catalog yesterday and am salivating over it....

susan

Comments (12)

• Copperlilac
    18 years ago

Don't know yet what I'm ordering for next year. But, I've been drooling over all the catalogs I've gotten so far too! Wouldn't mind trying some purple or reddish carrots. They look like fun!

Copper

• periwinklez3b
    18 years ago

I'll be looking at fragrant perennials and more things to add to my 3 new beds (Con, you'll just have to come over in Spring!). I really like blue, white, pink combinations and am starting to add named iris and named daylilies.
    I just Love Japanese anemones and mine did exceptionally well this year!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• seneca_s
    18 years ago

I haven't got my Parks yet. I did just find Value Seeds though and placed an order. Their prices are good enough that I didnt have to sit down and keep paring down my list. I believe they had some funky carrots though. I heard something about them being Thompson and Morgans outlet so hopefully the germination is ok.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Seneca, even though I adore T & M's catty, and would never toss one out, I have had abyssmal luck with germination of their seeds. I too ordered from Valueseeds; they're so cheap I figured I didn't have much to lose. I don't know about the rest of you, but my veggie drawer in the frig is full. And they're all fresh! Why am I buying seeds? Please tell me I'm not the only one!!!

• bigcityal
    18 years ago

Double Click cosmos and Zowie Wowie zinnias I plan on buying from Johnny's

• putzer
    18 years ago

Periwinkle, your Japanese anemones are gorgeous!! I guess I was not aware that they were hardy here.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Ditto that, Putzer. I got to have me some!

Constance.

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    18 years ago

2 things for sure I'm going to put in my veggie garden...purple green beans and garlic. I used to grow the beans all the time where I used to live, but haven't grown them here. I've never tried garlic before, but I'm gonna try it this summer.
    As for flowers, I just haven't had the time to think of any new ones I want to try. After January, I'll start looking.
    Periwinkle, I have 2 a. Hadspen Abundance. I thought I lost one of them last spring, but it did come back. Didn't bloom as much, but had lots of leaves. I'm hoping it'll come thru ok this winter. What kind is yours?

Kat

• elvis
    18 years ago

Kat, I've been growing the burgundy and the yellow beans for years. They're much easier to pick because you can see them. I'd love to grow colored climbing peas for the same reason, but as far as I know, there aren't any. I think I'll research this.

Con.

• elvis
    18 years ago

Kat, I've been growing the burgundy and the yellow beans for years. They're much easier to pick because you can see them. I'd love to grow colored climbing peas for the same reason, but as far as I know, there aren't any. I think I'll research this.

Con.

• SandiBluffs
    18 years ago

I have 2 boxes of red cannas.(Too many!!!) This year I am going to expand and order some other colors. Cannas love to grow at my house and there are so many cool varieties! I am looking at varigated leaves and double color\freckled blooms.

Also, I am ordering manchurian apricot bushes. SB

• elvis
    18 years ago

I already ordered the corkscrew vine, and I'm seriously considering the Sea Berry pair and possibly the Honeyberry pair as well. Very exciting berry bearers!

Con.