Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningmomof3

They're coming.....How Many??

gardeningmomof3
17 years ago

Seed catologues that is....:)How many have you gotten so far. Which ones? So far gotten two, Jungs and White Flower Farm. Of course there is a few things see that I'd like already. LOL Truly hoping though to make it to Randolph(Jung's) this year. Its been many a years, but a great memory, got to go with my Dad, and my Grandpa. Guess where I get my gardening from. :)

Gardeningmomof3

Comments (10)

• noinwi
    17 years ago

Pinetree, Jung, Harris, Tomato Growers Supply, Nichols, and Seed Savers so far...

• elvis
    17 years ago

Jung, Park, Territorial, R.H.Shumway, Seymour's, Vermont Bean, Thompson & Morgan, Totally Tomatoes, Spring Hill, Charley's Greenhouse, White Flower Farm, Select Seeds, and tons of others I tossed at the Post Office (!)...

I totally don't dare to look at them all!

Happy New Year, all!

Con.

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

Suzanne, if you want to make the trip to Jung's this spring let me know. I know the one in Steven's Point is closer to you, but the one in Randolph is too good to be missed. Especially their bare root room. I usuually go down with a few friends, and you are more than welcome to ride with.
    Jen

• gardeningmomof3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jen,

The one in Point, is no comparison (sp) to Randolph. I do hope to go this Spring. :) Its been many years since been there. How do you find room in your vechicle for friends and still have room for all that stuff! LOL Keep me in mind in Spring.

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

We take the biggest SUV we can find! Maybe we'll have to rent a Hummer....ha ha!

• gardeningmomof3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

More like a u-haul. Hee Hee!

• elvis
    17 years ago

You guys are too funny! Never been to the one in Randolph; we're going to Point for a convention end of Feb and will be staying next door to Jung's, so I'll be visiting. How much bigger is the one in Randolph? Bigger than Kahn's in Sheboygan Falls?

• gardeningmomof3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Elvis, Will have to let aka_margo try to answer that for I have never been to the Kahn's in Sheybogan Falls.
    Not to get off subject, but how much snow do you have? We have none, well can see few speckles of it in the field, nothing though on any of our yard.:(

Those who have gotten the seed catolouges, what have you seen so far that you just got to have? :) Or think you got too. LOL I want the crystal fountain clematis & or Josephine clematis. Black Beauty coneflower and pink fountain delephiniums.

• chaz_wi
    17 years ago

I've tossed many many of them, simply because I've got plenty of seeds and only so much space. But I have filled out order forms for Totally Tomatoes, Park Seeds, and ... mind is going blank here. Could be Vermont Bean. It seems Totally Tomatoes, Vermont Bean, and Jung's are all one and the same, aren't they? They're all in Randolph.

I've never been to that Jung's but I live on the south edge of Warner Park in Madison so I can just cross the park to visit the Jung's Garden Center on Northport ... dangerously close!

Elvis - where is Kahn's? I grew up in the Sheboygan Falls area and the main garden I tend is still up there on my sister & brother-in-law's property, between Gibbsville and Hingham. If they're well stocked with supplies and have decent prices there's no need for me to haul stuff all that way from Madison!

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

Elvis, I have never been to or heard of Kahn's. You would think growing up in that area and still having family there I would know about these kinda things, since it involves plants.

I have been to the Jung's in Sun Prairie and the one in Randolph. The one in Randolph wins hands down. A HUGE bare root room with cheap plants. Last year I got hydrangeas for $3 a piece, and they leafed out as soon as I planted them.

Sponsored