Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluemoonrose_gw

can someone name this flower for me?

BlueMoonRose
11 years ago

I would like to know what the plant in the picture is please. I dug it up nearby (zone 8b) and would like to know more about it

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/rawrosy/themysteryflower_zps6fce2612.jpg for those who cannot see the attached image

it seems to be be able to survive heat, temperature that drop to about the 40s, shade, sunlight, and drought. It has a small root system. It also survives transplanting well. This one isn't vigorous, but I'm not sure if that is a species thing, or because it has had to endure so much already.
The flower has a horn-type apendage behind it and is connected to the rest of the plant by a way I didn't very well capture in the image. The way is not by the horn structure.
The plant was originally found in a shady, dry and somewhat sandy area that was mostly protected from wind. I moved it into my greenhouse where it was kept in moist, dark soil (it may or may not be very rich) and tempertures that fluxuated between 90 and 40 degrees (seasons change)
I'm sorry if i missed any important details.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County