Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waplummer

Open Garden - Shade, woodland, Native Plants

waplummer
16 years ago

On Sunday May 20th I am having my garden open to the public. Here is a short description and directions:

Open Garden

Bill & Jane Plummers Woodland Garden

10 Fox Lane East

Gang Mills

Painted Post

Sunday May 20th

NOONÂ 5:00 PM

An award winning native plant garden under mature oaks, pines and hickories featuring Trilliums, Bloodroot, Virginia Bluebells, Jack-in-the-Pulpits and many other wildflowers planted in masses. As you enter, the driveway is lined with Epimedium rubrum. Numerous paths wander throughout both front and back woods allowing close-up views of the plants. There are scores of ferns, both native and exotic, scattered throughout the woods and along a Pteridophyte Ptrail. Bill has planted numerous understory trees including Dogwoods, Redbuds, Silverbells, a Paper Bark Maple and various striped Maples. The shrub border consists mostly of native plants and provides privacy as well as obscuring the deer fence. A large collection of Rhododendrons, Azaleas and Mountain Laurel provide bloom from April into July. A half dozen stone walls provide sunny sites for rock garden plants and shady sites for shade lovers. A perennial bed in front is filled with Hellebores, spring bulbs and a host of perennials. The flagstone patio is ringed with flowering shrubs and trees and allows a view of the back woods. A flower bed off the flagstone patio in back contains more shade plants. Still another bed is home to a collection of Epimedium and Astilbe providing color both in spring and in summer.

Directions

From the South Rte 15: Take Exit 3 . Follow Rte 417 into Gang Mills to the 3rd light at Beartown Road. Take a left on Beartown. In a mile the road will swing to the left. Go straight on Swan Lane and take an immediate right on Badger Lane. Proceed through the next intersection (Chatfield Place) and bear right at the Yield sign (Fox Lane). Go straight at the next intersection (Weston Lane). We are the third house on the right.

From the North and West I86: Take Exit 44 toward Gang Mills (Do not take Rte 15 to Williamsport). Turn right at the flashing red light and left at the traffic signal at the foot of the ramp (Canada Rd). Turn right at the next light (Robert Dann Drive) and left at the light onto Chatfield Place (The entrance to Home depot and Wal-Mart will be to your right). In one mile turn right on Weston and an immediate right onto Fox Lane. We are the third house on the right.

From the East I86: Take Exit 44 toward Gang Mills (Do not take Rte 15 to Williamsport). Turn left at the traffic light at the top of the ramp. Turn left at the light at the bottom of the ramp (Canada Rd). Turn right at the next light (Robert Dann Drive) and left at the light onto Chatfield Place (The entrance to Home depot and Wal-Mart will be to your right). In one mile turn right on Weston and an immediate right onto Fox Lane. We are the third house on the right.

Note: Should you inadvertently take Rte 15 proceed to Exit 3 and follow the first set of directions.

Please park head in on the grass strip by the road!

Comments (3)