Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pinkster help

Posted by lhmkc z3NY (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 07 at 9:27

I had a small pinkster blooming in the backyard and some neighborhood kids took a baseball bat to it and some ferns
What I need to know is if I take the broken pieces of the pinkster can they be rooted? and how do I go about rooting them? I hate when ppl of any age have no respect for the precious things growing I have a severely abused village wooded lot with some great treasures growing like trillium, lady slipper, solomons seal, ferns, vinca, and this pinkster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pinkster help

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 1, 07 at 15:19

Wow! And I thought these stinkin' squirrels and cats were a problem. My heart goes out to you.

I used to work at an azalea nursey and we did all our propagating by soft wood cuttings in the spring and summer so it can be done. We just put them in flats and covered with plastic for a few weeks. I know people bag them and hang them on their curtains (what the?) too.

Here is a site that gives the details.

Also comisserate here. Most of the posts seem to be from those with diseased or dying azaleas but I actually think yours will come back if there is anything left of it. Be sure and give those kids' parents some of the rooted cuttings next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here