Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindafromokc

To Leave A Clearing or Plant Trees Everywhere?!

LindaFromOKC
11 years ago

I have 1.5 acres with the back of my house facing U-shaped large ponds. There are lots of blue herons, mallard ducks, Canadian geese, and all sorts of birds.

The shoreline is pristine, untouched other than mowing the weeds from around the edges. I have a commercial mower and mow the rest. The middle is total grass. No trees. On the edges there are 2 tiny areas with trees that grew up on their own.

I have a fenced-in area where I have 2 gorgeous bald cypress trees, a blue atlas cedar, lots of crepe myrtle, double knock-out roses, and a few pine trees.

Now I'm considering either

1) extending the woods (I've already ordered 7 new bald cypress trees, a couple of pecan trees, an Autumn Blaze Maple, 5 Austrian Pine, a couple of Red Maple, and 4 Weeping Willow.)

2) planting the entire shoreline, no longer having that clean unobstructed view. I would want to prune the bottoms of the trees as they grow so I don't lose any view of the small lake or large pond.

Will someone please tell me what to do? I'm driving myself crazy! One day I'm completely sure that I want to do (1) and the next, (2) sounds inviting.

Comment (1)