Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown tips on Deodora tree! Need help please!!!

Posted by pederslilfarm 8b (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 14:24

my Deodora tree has brown tips on about 50% of the tree.my tree is about 10 years old in about 40 plus feet tall. Its been especially warm winter and very dry.it happened very suddenly we just noticed it one day - is it possible that it needs more water I did put water on it for hours.I'm just worried about something worse than just seem dry. Does anybody have any suggestions or any ideas about what might be happening to my tree? Please help! Thanks! Susie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown tips on Deodora tree! Need help please!!!

Oh my! I sure hope you don't get what my Leyland cypress trees got. The ends turned brown and little cone shaped organisms covered the ends then it went the entire way up the tree! Ruined all my evergreens. I put some pictures of the damage and here's a link you may want to read.These little bag worms (devils) are bad to get on cedars and leyland cypress. Ive tried every insecticide made and nothing kills them.

Ive also put a link where i bought mine below. This nursery has even stopped selling them
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/bagworms-leyland-cypress-69908.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Plants Nursery

o
RE: Brown tips on Deodora tree! Need help please!!!

Pederslilfarm, submit your post on the Conifer Forum. They know the answer.
The needle problem has been getting worse here in the NW. I have it on most of my Deodaras. The Cedrus atlanticas are even worse.
I had to get rid of a weeping atlantica and a gold atlantica because of it.
Strangely, one Deodara doesn't have it at all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here