Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deiscorides

Unknown Wild Succulent - White Flower - Woodland - West Virginia

deiscorides
17 years ago

For many years now, I've been admiring a woodland succulent with an odd white flower.

They grow in the woods where they are well shaded. The environments are usually cool

and mildly dry. On many occasions, I've seen them clinging to the tops of rock faces in

shaded sections of roads. They grow in dark, rich, woodland soil. Their leaves, stems,

and flower stalks are fleshy. The flower's main stem is usually no taller than 2-3 inches

and has 3 sections that form their own stems. Upon each of these, short 0.5-1 inch "tri-

stems", bloom a row of white flowers. Their petals are sharp looking and remind me of a

"star-burst". For each flower, there are four main petals and four much smaller petals.

The plant itself is low growing and seems to reach a height of no more than 2-3 inches.

These succulents are very quaint. I finally transplanted one of these to a pot and it rest on

a North-East-facing window sill where it seems happy. IÂve included a photo of the plant

I own and a photo of the flower of one in the wild. The flower is a close-up while the

photo with the leaves is not. Please, pardon the horrid butchering of the photos and their

jpeg compression in order to get them under the 60kbs image limit.

Any help identifying this succulent would be much appreciated.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County