Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My woodland Garden (pics!)

Posted by taurean Z6a (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 08 at 18:20

Well with help from the forum, my garden is getting better and fuller! And so I would like to share some pictures. Many, many pictures...

Almost the whole garden. Its hard to see the plants. Tons of leaves from last fall. Small space for some people, but nice to me!
Garden shot
Another garden shot

I also got some plants that I do not know the names of. Help please? I see them all the time in fairly large colonies.
Lily?
Something
What?
I.D please

My dad's Jack-In-The-Pulpit. I'm jealous lol.
[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/_Dirty_little_Secret_/100_2373.jpg[/IMG]

My Jack-In-the-Pulpit.
My Jack in the Pulpit
Nice color

False LOV.
False LOV

Christmas Fern. Have tons of ferns coming up to fill in.
Christmas Fern and Trout Lily

My first Trillium. Trillium Erectum. And I got 10 maybe 11 Trillium Grandiflorums coming soon. It is done blooming though.
Trillium Erectum and False LOV

Bloodroot. My dog likes to sleep on this plant. Glad he is a chihuahua.
Bloodroot

Partidgeberry. I have about 5 plants scattered.
Partridgeberry

Ostrich Fern. It will be a nice backdrop to the back of the garden.
Ostrich Fern :D
The other three

False Solomon's Seal. No blooms this year.
Solomon's Seal

Pink Azalea. After Cow peed all over it during winter.
Pink Rhododendron

Other JITP
Otther JITP
Inside the pulpit

Japanese Maple. Growing happily back here.
Red JM

Bellwort of some sort. Got a sessile one but no pic. Soryy.
Bellwort

Bleeding Heart. Finally settling in. It would have been choped up by now if I hadn't moved it back here.
Bleeding Heart

Dwarf Columbine. I like these flowers. First one ever to bloom for us after many tries.
Dwarf Columbine

Monkshood and Viola.
Monkshood
Viola

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My woodland Garden (pics!)

I enjoyed your pictures. I am starting a little wildflower garden too on a new post construction bank behind the house.

Is the last of the unknown pictures either squirrel corn or Dutchman's breeches?

o

Small but lovely! The last unknown is definitely Dutchman's Breeches. Does anyone know what the third one is?

o

The third unknown looks like what we call Ground Pine (Lycopodium species). The second unknown looks like it could be a young solomon's seal. The last unknown could be Dicentra eximia (Fringed bleeding heart), related to squirrel corn but a different species.

You have certainly made a lot of progress.

o

Thanks for the compliments and identification. :D

I guess I have to wait for the plants to bloom to finally identify them. Dutchman,s Breeches, Squirrel Corn, Fringed Bleeding Heart. All look extremely similar.

And now I am in the hunt for my pictures of the trillium and bloodroot when they were in bloom. So, I'll be posting more pictures soon! And more when I visit the park which I got my inspiration from.

o
RE: My woodland Garden (picss!)

Oops. One pic didn't turn out.

Dads Jack in the Pulpit

o

Nice pics! Looks as if your plants are healthy & vigorous. I just planted a bunch of plants in my woodland garden, and while some of them have already come in nicely (& bloomed), some of the bareroot ferns still look pretty doleful. So I guess I'm saying I'm jealous. ;)

o

Nice pics.

o

The third plant is princess pine. the site below has more information about that plant than anyone could want.

I like them. They look like tiny xmas trees.

Here is a link that might be useful: princess pine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here