Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Identifying this Tree

Posted by louiseglm16 Zone 5, NY (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 10 at 20:29

This tree is quite common on a trail system located in Western NY State. The flowers are fragrant, trumpet shaped and hang from the bottom of the branches. I'm not having much luck finding out what it is, and would appreciate some assistance. Click on the thumbs to make the pictures larger.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help Identifying this Tree

Appears to be Autumn Olive

o

That's it, thanks lycopus. Darn, I was afraid it was an invasive. This trail system is chock full of invasives, from these, to wild roses, to Black Swallowwort. I think that I just found a place to volunteer at.

o

I think that I just found a place to volunteer at.

Good for you, louise. Glad to see more people involved in getting invasives OUT.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here