Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
transplanting Lily of the Valley: How best, and when best?

Posted by Chatsworth none (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 20:45

We're moving in July/August and I'd like to transplant most of the LOV from our current house to the new one.

I know that snowdrops are best transplanted "in the green" but does that hold true for LOV as well? Or doesn't it matter?

We will still have access to our current home at least until the holidays (a relative will be living there while it's up for sale) and so an autumn transplanting is also an option if that would give better results than moving them in July or August. Or again does it not matter?

This post was edited by Chatsworth on Wed, May 15, 13 at 20:47

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: transplanting Lily of the Valley: How best, and when best?

Take a clump, anytime they will transfer just fine. They are worse than any week one can imagine. They cannot be killed. They will appear from the smallest amount of root that gets transferred from one area to another..I just found them coming up in my driveway. I transplanted DAY LILLIES no LOV in site. They are noxious!!

o
RE: transplanting Lily of the Valley: How best, and when best?

I transplanted a bunch from the old house when we moved here. They will spread like crazy and the move well any time. We put them out by the mailbox on the other side of the wall where they can spread to their hearts content and not do any harm. They will take over whatever they can, when they can. But the fragrance they generate in the spring is phenomenal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here