Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
poison ivy removal

Posted by redindiana z5 IN (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 8:43

I've read many posts and not found the answer to my question. If I were to dilute the original blue Dawn dish detergent with water and using my hand pump sprayer, spray the poison Ivy vines/plants first BEFORE pulling and removing them into proper waste container...would it act as a barrier against the oils in the said plants? My thoughts are since many people use Dawn for cleaning oils off skin after coming in contact with it, maybe letting the sprayed mixture sit on PI for a bit would absorb some of its oils BEFORE I handle it. Obviously, I'd take care in wearing gloves and proper clothing too. Your thoughts please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: poison ivy removal

Try using Ivy Block. That blocks the oil. I don't think dish detergent would help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here