{{gwi:1354236}}

Arch path through Rhododendren

Comments (16)

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sit and relax

{{gwi:1354237}}

pond behind house which is very low in water right now!

• tinylady
    16 years ago

This is wonderfull. It is my dream land. I have always wanted a piece of property like that. Where are you located?

• selkie
    16 years ago

Lovely! I especially like your path through the rhodies... maybe next year you could post a picture of them in bloom.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Selkie
    I can do that this year,they havent bloomed yet. They are Native, rhondodendern Maximum. They bloom around 4th of July. Lets see how they bloom this year, sometimes the rhodys at the pond bloom better.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Tiny
    Thank You
    We are in NE Pennsylvania. The Poconos. Its a lot of fun. We just started landscaping. Havent done to much in the woods except clean up a lot of dumped garbage and have the sewage plant fixed at the neighboring trailer park. It was leaking onto our property.
    We did make some paths and the bridge across the creek is out of logs, repair one of the ponds,Were building a house so it will have to wait. Im excited, I have lots of plans, but I wish I was 20 years younger. LOL
    cindy

• selkie
    16 years ago

Cindy,

Excellent! I should have done more research before purchasing our rhododendrons, though native plants weren't as high a priority at the time.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Selkie

• bob64
    16 years ago

Very nice. I was also very happy to not see a lot of invasives in the photos.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Bob there there but we have dilengently been working on reducing them. We are plauged with the usual, you know Garlic mustard, Stilt Grass, Knotweed. But we keep on treking.

• laurabs
    16 years ago

That's beautiful.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you laura. I have lots of plans as soon as the house is finished. Then I will start the landscaping of the surrounding areas.

• bob64
    16 years ago

When I saw your pic's I had two reactions. First was that your woodland is beutiful. My second was to yell "it's not fair" -- meaning that your woods have so few invasives and I am still fighting against a huge tide. However, it sounds like you are just further ahead in the process than I am. Congratulations!

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL BOB maybe they just got to you first. Want me to take some pics of the invaded areas? LOL
    what makes me mad is the neighbors doesn't pull theirs. My neighbor on my left has a whole field of Japenese knot weed. Its a real struggle to keep it from taking over my woods by this house Im living in. The two properties connect. Im thinking about explaining it to him. That stuff is horrendous. It can send shoots so far from the plants.
    The stilt grass has taken over too in this part. ITs so hard to pull 11 acres of stilt grass. We need to get on that before it goes to seed. After the house is built maybe we will be more diligent.

• laurabs
    16 years ago

Paul James on Gardening by the Yard says there is a product to kill weeds made from clove oil. I suppose it's expensive on the scale you're working, but might be helpful in certain situations. Won't hurt the environment. He didn't give the brand name though, which is a pain.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love that show. Maybe I can google it.
    thanks bob

• tinylady
    16 years ago

I am here in south Jersy Cindy. I have been up there and I love the area. It might be in the running of my retirement area. We went camping in Oct up that way. I forget the name but I know it started with an S. And it was close to the candle store. Great area.
    Have fun on that beautifull property.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HI
    Could have been stroudsburg, but there is a candle place in Bartonsville or Marshalls creek. The area has become the suburbia of NY and NJ.

Sponsored