Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
arisaema serratum

Posted by woodthrush z4PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 28, 09 at 17:15

Got these earlier this spring and they are blooming now.

arisaema serratum
Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: arisaema serratum

Sorry, these are sikokianum. I didn' look at my tag close enough. I have serratum also.

o

Good photo. I was going to post and ask about the name, so I am glad you corrected yourself. Although I mainly plant natives, hubbie fell in love with the Arisaemas, and we are now growing many of the Asian ones, as well as the natives. They are still fairly pricey, which I don't understand, as they germinate easily and are not too difficult to grow. I used the winter sowing method at first, but they appear to germinate in the "normal" summer growing time, too.

I have to state that the variety of color in the native Arisaemas has impressed me, and I am trying to see if they keep that color when you grow them from seed. Maybe in a few years I will know. Can anyone else shed light on this?

o

I must have planted mine in the wrong places....I keep losing them! Love them & that's a great photo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here