Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with vine ID

Posted by kendra2 z5 MA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 30, 06 at 19:34

Can anyone tell me what this vine is? It is taking over my woods and even growing into the lawn. It is enormous, and I'm assuming an invasive plant? I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but it grows up the trees and then hangs back down.

This is a close-up of the leaves

Kendra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with vine ID

Looks like it might be virginia creeper. Google it and see if the images match yours.

o

I agree with anitamo... Not necessarily "invasive", (it is a native), but it can be quite agressive.

Mike

o

Looks like Virginia Creeper to me too.

o

Thank you so much everyone! I have been searching invasive plant sites looking for the name of this. It turns out it is not listed as an invasive, despite its behavior in my yard. Virginia Creeper it is!

Kendra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here