Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID help

Posted by kevinbct CT zone 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 20:41

found this plant behind the garage in the shade near the woods border, looks like some sort of phlox to me, anyone know sort of plant this is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID help

Could you show a closer picture of the leaves? If it is Phlox, the leaves should be opposite one another on the stem. This appears to be alternate leaf arrangement.

o

thanks esh here's a close up.

o

I think it is dame's rocket, Hesperis matronalis, which is not native to the US.

Here is a link that might be useful: dame's rocket

o

It's definitely dames rocket. It can proliferate abundantly given the right woodland setting, which can be beautiful during it's peak bloom, but which can crowd out other less rambunctious woodland plants, so be sure to control it if it's in an area with valuable woodland plantings.

o

Here in Brazil the commum name is "Ladie Kiss" or ""Turkey Kiss"
look this picture that i found in another site, i think they are very similar, is not?

This post was edited by fredilino on Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 15:02

o

fredilino - your picture shows Impatiens. This is not the same plant mentioned in the above thread, nor is it related.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here