Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
apricot foxglove

Posted by merri_sue_clark z6 OR (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 21:17

I planted an apricot foxglove last year and it bloomed beautifully. It had lots of seedlings sprout, as well as the original plant coming back this year. But, it seems like it's a different color--more lavender pink than the pinkish apricot it's supposed to be. My question is, do apricot foxglove come back with true color in their seedlings or even the original plant? thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: apricot foxglove

The original plant should stay the same colour. The seedlings may well revert to the species colour.

o

it is down to an industrious bee, cross-pollinating. my foxgloves invariably revert after a few seasons.

o

Hi Merri sue. Would love to trade you a starter from my yellow foxglove grandiflora for a starter of your orignial peach foxglove. Do not want any started from seeds though. just getting a jump on 2013 .Can send you a picture if interested. It comes back every year hear in zone 5a.send me an email, I have many plants also listed on my trade page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here