Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomasincas

Re: need help with couple of plants( identification )

tomasincas
17 years ago

Hi, new to this forum....I have a small piece of woodsy area along side of my house...grass wouldn't grow there...to many trees in this little area...so, I am trying to plant shade tolerant plants and noticed there are several native types there that I can identify..the Jack in the pulpits,solomon seal,trillium , trout lily and Virginia creeper ,etc.When I started to look over the ground more closely I noticed what looks to be a single leaf fern type of plant..there are about three of these plants..they are about three inches in size..all having just one leaf...they are about one half to one inch high off the ground...also there are these arrow shaped leafy plants scattered about the area about 8 inches high off the ground and another type of plant has leafs that are deeply lobed and grows to about 1 1/2 to 2 feet tall...the last two are probably weeds but I have looked at a lot of leaf sites and cant find them...Sorry i dont have any camera to put pictures on the web...thanks just new at this....Tom

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator