Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eve's Necklace

Posted by phish_phreak zone 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 15:48

Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right forum to post this in as its my first post on the board. We picked up a gorgeous Eve's Necklace today at a nursury down the road. Its in great shape, 15gal pot (I'm guessing) and would be about 8ft tall. I say "would be" only because it seems to be a rather leggy tree which causes it to weep slightly, which is part of its charm. We would like to plant it near the house just outside our bay window. My question is...How close to the house can I safely plant it? Will it's roots be a problem with the house's foundation?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eve's Necklace

Here is some info about Sophora affinis (Eve's Necklace) from the U. of Fla. that may be useful.
Rb

Here is a link that might be useful: Sophora affinis (Eve's Necklace)

o
RE: Eve's Necklace

Eve's Necklace? Zone 7? Any chance you live in the DFW area? If so, I've been searching high and low for a nursery that sells Eve's Necklace... may I ask where you managed to find one?

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here