Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
skunk cabbage seed maturity

Posted by chervil2 z5 MA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 05 at 16:25

A trader from overseas is very interested in obtaining skunk cabbage seeds from me. I am happy to oblige since I have acres of skunk cabbage in my back yard. I harvested some pods today and think that they are all immature. I also noticed that I have competition from wildlife for the pods. I have read that black bear are fond of skunk cabbage and there are many bear in my area. Perhaps wild turkey eat the seed pods as well? I would like some input on how long to wait for harvest and how to ship the seeds overseas. The seed pods appear as various colors, sizes, and shapes.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Chervil2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: skunk cabbage seed maturity

Well, the easiest thing to do is to put something over the plant to protect the seeds. A wire basket may help, though you may need to peg it down. Or, if the seeds are coming along, a paper bag can be put over the seeds and taped or tied so the seeds will ripen and fall into the bag

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here