Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID

Posted by Waplummer Z5 NY (remmulp@stny.rr.com) on
Fri, Jul 15, 05 at 21:08

Maybe, someone can help.I am sure it is not a native because I keyed it out in Newcombe and came up zilch. I suspect it might be one from a seed exchange because there are four or five of them. The leaves resemble maple leaves and are basal except for one on the flowering stem which is aobut six inches in height. There is one flower on the stalk. It is a pale yellow with five petals about 1/8 " in length.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID

Could it be a young, single stemmed waxbells (kirengeshoma palmata)?
Ginger

Here is a link that might be useful: Waxbells

o

It deinitely is not Kiringeshoma. I have both K. plamata and K. koreana. The flowers on my mystery plant are really tiny and there are basal leaves, but only one leaf on the flowering stem.

o

Maybe if you describe it in great detail in lieu of a photo--also try the Name That Plant forum; there are some wizards over there.

Is the flower a composite, flat and daisy-like? Or more cupped? Does it look like a ptentilla or cinquefoil? Are the stems succulent, downy, green or red, woody, etc? A fibrous or tap root? Any scent? What else is growing around it? And so on . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here