Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosie asked and I too have a mystery plant

Posted by arcy MN 3/4 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 17:27

Mine reminds me of a small Maple tree for some reason. It has white flowers in the spring and now beautiful red berries. Nothing around here seems to be eating the berries. It is not invasive in my landscape. I have moved them from deeper in the forest into my border because they are very pleasant to look at. This seems to be helping them go from one foot to about two in height. I have looked at all the pictures offered in rosie99 question and none of them are what I have. Any ideas what it could be here in MN? My description of my plant would be similar to rosie99. My leaves resemble a maple in forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosie asked and I too have a mystery plant

How about a cranberry viburnum? In the link below, click on the pictures on the far left side to see leaves, fruit, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Viburnum trilobum

o

That sure fits my discription, but it is not it. The berries on my lant are a christmas red as compared to the Jack-in-the-pulpits sort of orange red. They are larger then the picture and a denser cluster. The leaves are more delicate. It is a mystery.

o

Could it be a Hawthorne? Crataegus spp?

o

a picture might be helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here