Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
newbie new garden

Posted by llbean z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 05 at 23:19

Labor of love... I started off like bubbleplumboff with just a small plan. Well it has now metasized in to a huge plan with lots of days of back breaking labor.. My husband just doesn't get it.. This area has been neglected for years.. there is rocks and bricks and chipped stone, beer bottles, cans, oilcans and small car parts in there. All this lives amongest the Ivy and the wild grape vines that have invaded every inch of woods. I have been ripping and pulling and tilling until my son can't take it anymore.

check out my work in progress.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b351/llbean1113/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: newbie new garden

It is coming together isn't it? Doesn't it feel good to get rid of the trash. I already see some lovely spots in your pics. I know how hard it is to make room for the good plants. Just wait til next year. Some of those cleared areas are going to yield surprise plants.

o

Way to go, girl! You have done a lot of work and it's showing. This will be very nice when you're finished. I can't understand why people don't put stuff in the trash to begin with. We had lots of construction and other trash in the woods by our house and I'm still finding stuff they just threw in the woods instead of in the big dumpster. Annoying, but it makes you feel cleansed to get rid of it, doesn't it? Please post again to show us your progress.

o

interesting! what are the plans for the layered grey stone pathway? are you going to fill in between with rock? plants? mulch? i also like the posts. what are the final plans for those?

i like the corner garden...that's going to look great when it all fills in.

what do you do to keep the weeds from coming back up? i struggle with loads of weeds which come thru my formerly "wild" areas...i made the mistake of using fabric under mulch in one area...it's only now (6 years later) starting to break down and allow all the great mulch i've been putting on it for several years to actually mix with the soil...live an' learn! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here