Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can any1 identify this wildflower?

Posted by Vertigo6911 Holland USDA 8a (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 05 at 8:22

these are growing heavily shaded by trees here in holland (USDA: 8a) and are flowering right now.
the pods burst when agitated, spreading the seeds over a few yards in all directions, the pod itself also come off cleanly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can any1 identify this wildflower?

Vertigo,

Could it be one of the "Touch Me Nots"...

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Imageofholland

o

one of the balsams, in the inmpatiens family. It will seed A LOT so keep an eye on it!

o

yeah, i also posted in another forum, and they also said it was impatiens...
there very close to my house so im gonna see if i can harvest some seeds every few days or so...

o

You can just throw them Trust me, they'll be fine!

o

lol im sure they will, but i thought id trade for some other colors or something...

o

That looks like impatiens balfourii, it just showed up in my garden this summer. It's kind of pretty and I've let it go to seed. Something tells me I'm going to regret this one, it looks very invasive. It is from asia.

o

well i found their easy to weed out if u need to.
i accidentaly pulled an entire plant out of the ground wilst trying to see if the pod would burst :S

the root system is very small compared to the plant itself...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here