Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planting corms with a pre-immergent in the soil

Posted by ladyshade 3bMN (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 10:54

I planted a good sized area of my woodland garden three weeks ago with some beautiful plants. Several days later I sprinkled organic PREEN around to keep the weeds down. Now I have gotten some local Trillium corms and want to plant them around the other plants already in the ground. It has rained twice in the last two weeks to work it in. Am I safe to plant the Trillium corms or will it stunt or even prevent the corms from sprouting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planting corms with a pre-immergent in the soil

I have not used that product, but I am under the impression that it forms an invisible barrier to keep these small seedling from coming up. For me, I would not plant anything I really cared about. Too expensive an experiment. Maybe try some jonquils or something readily replaceable to test your product.I have used Snapshot, and nothing new will penetrate that barrier, so I never use it near new plantings.

o
RE: planting corms with a pre-immergent in the soil

Thanks for your thoughts ncrescue. I might plant one in this area just to see if it comes up, but I'm not feeling good about planting all of them. Think I will put them in another spot. Just wish I would have found them earlier so I could have planted weeks ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here