Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trying to id this vine

Posted by bigsistah1 ny (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 11, 08 at 9:21

I found an interesting vine along the roadside in CNY near a DEC wetlands. I have never seen this particular vine before. I did not notice it during the summer, but now that the leaves are off the trees, it really is noticeable.
It has very angular red stalks, and the seedpods look similar to the seedpods of a passion flower, but flatter, with multiple winged seeds. The seedpods are in groups. It seems to grow near the edges of scrub brush areas, winding up the small trees. I have pics of it if anyone wishes to see them to try to help me identify it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trying to id this vine

I'd love to see the pictures but your member page has no way to contact you. ( email )

You could post the photos here on this post. Open a free Photobucket.com account, upload the pictures ( no worries about the sizing) , then copy the HTML line beneath the picture and paste here along with any text. ( don't use a link) you can post multiple photos that way.

o
RE: trying to id this vine

If you can't post a pic here try emailing it to me through GW. Just click on "my page" and then choose "send an email" I'd like to see your vine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here