Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propagating Round Lobed Hepatica?

Posted by cherrylane z5NY (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 28, 06 at 13:39

I have several Round Lobed Hepatica plants in my woodland yard and was wondering if there was anyway to increase their numbers. Root division perhaps?
Thank You in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propagating Round Lobed Hepatica?

I transplanted ten hepatica plants onto my woods and waited for years for them to colonize the area.They'd flower every spring and I'd search for seedlings around the plants every the summer to no avail.Then one year I realized that,among some flat stones of a nearby walkway,a half of dozen or so plants had spouted.I dont know if it was because of the disturbances in the pathway,the bare soil under the flat stones,or whether the seeds were deposited there by ants,(something I heard),but that walkway has become the source for any new plants.

o
RE: Propagating Round Lobed Hepatica?

Ants are the main planter of Hepatica. You can divide them, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here