Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fringe tree

Posted by flexwebber South Jersey (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 26, 13 at 8:33

Anyone had any luck growing a Fringe Tree in Zone 6 or 7? They look beautiful from the pictures online. I also read they could tolerate some wet feet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fringe tree

Here is the USDA distribution map for the native fringetree. Click on your state to see more details for your area. They do prefer sun, so I'm not sure if you're interested in a shady location (this is the Woodlands forum).

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA

o

They grow well in zone 5

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenMyths

o

They're native here.

o

The are native to the western NC Mtns so that's Z 6. I have one that Ive had for years in zone 7. Too much sun turns its leaves yellowish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here