Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hepatica

Posted by gerhard Z6/7 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 3, 06 at 13:13

Hi,
can anyone give me some information on the following hepaticas: H. Louise Koehler, H. acutiloba 'Eco White Giant', H. nobilis 'Millstream Merlin', H. 'Crockers Jewel' Any info is appreciated, a source would be gigantic.
Thank you.
Gerhard Z6

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hepatica

The 'Eco White Giant' is one of Don Jacobs' selections. I'm not sure if he still has those available. I cultivated one for years and it was an awesome plant, apparently a tetraploid, as leaves were at least four times normal size and flowers were white, very large, often semi-double or double. It, unlike the species, was herbaceous and did not return one spring. That was the year of the Vole explosion and I attribute it's demise to their voracious appetite.
Email me for his email or snailmail address and/or phone no. If I talk to him within the next few days, I will post the status of it.
Rb

o
RE: Hepatica

Talked to Don Jacobls this AM and said he is reasonably sure that he has the Hepatica acutiloba 'Eco White Giant' growing in his woodlands.
If interested, email me at Cornerstone1133@Aol.com for his addy.
Rb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here