Return to the Woodlands Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diphlleia cymosa (Umbrella Leaf

Posted by gamekeeper N.H. (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 16, 09 at 15:33

Can someone tell me where I can purchase this plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diphlleia cymosa (Umbrella Leaf

Available from Heronswood Nursery.

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 9:34

You might have better luck with the correct spelling. I believe it should be Diphylleia cymosa.

Seneca Hill Perennials (excellent GW rating), Mason Hollow Nursery (excellent but somewhat limited GW rating), and Venero Gardens and Nursery (excellent but very limited GW rating) are examples of other potential sources. BTW, always check your potential sources out on Garden Watchdog. Heronswood Nursery's rating is not great!

o

I noticed that Heronswood is now Burpee which is a great don't go there signal. Which is sad because they have lots of plants that call to me.

o

I bought it from Gardens of the Blue Ridge ( http://www.gardensoftheblueridge.com ). I've had pretty good luck with them; their plants are fairly priced for the size you get.

--Steve

o

Gardens of the Blue Ridge is the oldest wildflower nursery in continual operation. In the "olden days," they DID dig from the wild, as did everyone else, including many persons who are now listed as icons of plant conservation.

Currently they propagate their own plants and are very responsible stewards of the environment. The people who own and work there are wonderful. I don't order by mail but go by several times a year when I have new "wants." I recommend them.

o

Gardens of the Blue Ridge is the oldest wildflower nursery in continual operation.

Huh, I didn't realize that. Interesting.

They do have a very nice selection, and I've ordered several times. They pack their boxes well. Some plants I've received have been on the small side, but like I said, their prices are very fair so I'm not disappointed.

--Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodlands Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here