Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barton_gw

I need a recommendation for a good pole saw

barton
16 years ago

Apology in advance for cross posting to a couple of other forums. I need to get a new saw in a hurry.

After the ice storm I have many many hanging branches that need to be cut.

I have had a corona fiberglass extension saw for about 10 years. I rarely used the pulley pruner and mostly used just the saw.

It was about shot already and I think I have ruined it trying to attach a blade that didn't quite fit. I cannot find an exact replacement blade. Plus, the extension mechanism slips and turns and it is hard to control the saw especially when fully extended.

I looked at some from Orchard's Edge online. They have some aluminum ones I would really like but they are expensive. However, I have so MANY trees to prune. My arms and shouders are sore from fighting that old saw all day yesterday. I would not mind investing a couple of hundred dollars on a really good saw if it would be durable and lightweight. It would get plenty of use.

I don't think I want a "chainaw on a stick". They look clumsy and dangerous and I would be afraid I would damage nearby branches. The pole saw blades can slip into tight spots. I don't mind using a regular chainsaw to cut down trees or cut them up once they are down.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz