Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a new article published

Posted by winter_unfazed USDA Zone 6, MO (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 17, 06 at 9:25

I just got an article about gourds published in the Heirloom Gardener. They sent a check on the 13th, for $100. Jeremiath Gettle himself signed the check! (Who said nothing good can happen on Friday the 13th?) I had thought they just weren't going to publish it, since it had been so long.

The deadline for the Heirloom Gardener to receive an article for the Spring issu is February 9, for anyone interested in sending something. They have word length recommended (I think 2000 approx.) and larger pieces will be edited.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a new article published

• Posted by trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 17, 06 at 19:17

Congratulations! That's great news. I look forward to reading your work. Will the article be available online or just in print?

Trudi

o

Congratulations! That is a fine way to start the year.

o

I don't know if it's online. I never bothered to look online.

o

Mon, Jan 23, 06 at 10:59

If it is, won't you please post the URL so we can read your article ;-) I'm quite interested as I do grow some gourds and winter squash each year.

T

o

I'd like to see it also as I grow gourds, craft them and write about them and even have a page on them on my site.
Eddie

o

Sat, Jan 28, 06 at 16:45

My copy of Heirloom Gardener just arrived, I turned directly to page thirty and very much enjoyed reading your work. I didn't notice any credit on the photos--did you take the pictures of the tray of small gourds or the lumpy/weirded pear type?

Congratulations again, it's a good informative read, and a great success for you.

Trudi

o

No--Kit Condill had some gourd photos and she sent them in to the Heirloom Gardener. They put them in with my article.

In a couple of days I will be sending another article in, about parsley.

o

Parsley! What a great topic! There's so many types and uses. It's one of my faves for flowering and attracting bennies to the garden. You have to wait a year for flowers but that's okay ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here