Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inkognito_gw

Dr Leda

inkognito
17 years ago

If anyone still reads this forum I would ask them to go over to the design forum and look for the name in my title. Elizabeth Churchill (Dr Leda) once set this forum on fire but was banned for her less than PC style. Elizabeth is not well, she has the wretched cancer, a disease that cuts even the best people down. If so inclined you can visit her blog.

Comments (6)

• eddie1
    17 years ago

Ink, I went there and read every word. That Dr. Leda is something else. I don't know where she finds the strength to keep writing her blog but she does. I read every word and in turns I would be laughing then crying. Very moving and powerful stuff she writes but she always had the gift. And how she injects humor into such a dire situation is incredible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Leda Horticulture's Blog

• shadygrove
    17 years ago

Does anyone have a link to her horticultural writing/thoughts/commments? I gather that she wrote for a nursery (nothing on their site was back-logged that I could find) and that she was deep-sixed from the Gardenweb for some reason. Her personal blog is so compelling that I'd like to read her garden writing. Thanks.

• nandina
    17 years ago

Do a search for "Dr. Leda + roses" Some of her past writings will turn up with a bit of searching. I often wondered why the former owner of GW did not explore making her editor of an on-line subscription magazine that he was starting rather than banning what he seemed to consider competition. His first effort was pretty sad. I remember posting a word of warning to her that she was treading on his toes. There would be thousands of subscribers now as she is so talented, so wickedly humorous. Elizabeth, if you are reading this please know that you have tons of unknown friends sending you support and prayers.

• hawki
    17 years ago

Being a relative newcomer to GW, I'd never run across Dr. Leda; I've now looked at her personal blog and her Regan Nursery archives... wow, can that woman write! My gardening book shelves would be so much richer if she was able to publish her gardening adventures (I know she's got much bigger concerns right now). Now I need to go find her son's website to contribute,

Here is a link that might be useful: Leda's Archives

• Bogart
    17 years ago

Note -- as of today, in her own words:
    'WOOOOOO f*ckin HOOOO!!!! Dancing with NED'

NED means No Evident Disease!

Check out her blog for the details.

• eddie1
    17 years ago

I need someone to post or send me Elizabeth's mailing address so I can send her something please. I have searched the blog to no avail.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus