Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acj7000

round robin

acj7000
20 years ago

Duncan had a keen interest in all things natural. As a boy he was the only one in his troup to get a trackers badge, he had read Petersens "Animal Tracking and other outdoor skills" and recently he had watched a TV programme about tractors but couldn't connect the dots.

When someone broke into his grandmothers house he took a plaster caste of the footprint he had found in the garden. He was surprised to find out that the footprint belonged to...

Comments (10)

• John_D
    20 years ago

. . . a big hairy sasquatch. He thought he had spotted one of those big hairy humanoids a week earlier, in the woods behind the garden, just beyond the wild apple tree. But now he was sure. He excitedly called his friend Lisa and asked her to help him track the creature.

As they set out on their quest, the snow began to fall again. Soon it came down so heavily that they could no longer see the forest for the flakes. As they huddled in the shelter of a big pine tree, they heard and unearthly shriek. . . .

• The_Mohave__Kid
    20 years ago

It was Duncan's younger brother wearing his big foot mask. A skinny but tall fellow taller then Duncan despite his younger age. While Lisa pulled the mask from his face and frowned in anger but smiled in relief he barked ,"You guys are sure in trouble .... it's two hours past dark and we better get home ... dinner is waiting ! "

• John_D
    20 years ago

That's the opportunity Sasquatch was waiting for. "Stupid Humans!" he muttered as he pounced on them and carried off Lisa to his garden in the alpine fastness of the North Cascades.

• The_Mohave__Kid
    20 years ago

My wife says not to give up my day job LOL .....

• John_D
    20 years ago

Duncan told the policeman investigating Lisa's disappearance. "What does that have to do with the kidnapping?" asked the officer, before arresting Duncan in his garden. . . .

• acj7000
    Original Author
    20 years ago

"It must cabin fever, made me say it," Duncan replied, "Did you see any tracks, Dunc." his bother asked.
    "Well," Duncan said stretching out his fifteen seconds of fame,"I saw a big foot and a flat foot and ...

• infullbloom
    20 years ago

......"This", he pointed to the foot prints in the snow. Two tracks, one on either side of the prints that looked to be like tire tracks, but it was hard to tell exactly what might have caused them as the snowfall was getting heavier by the minute. "And that's not all", Duncan said as he reached into his pocket pulling out a piece of parchment with a note scribbled in calligraphy. He handed it to the officer and asked,"What do you make of this?" "It looks to be some sort of riddle", the officer replied after giving it the 'once over'. It read: I HAVE THE MASS, YET WIEGHT WILL NOT BE FOUND. EXACTLY HALF OF ME IS ALWAYS BRIGHT. ALMOST, THAT IS. AS WELL, EXACTLY HALF OF ME IS CLOAKED, THE EYE IS TRICKED AGAIN. THINK THEM THE WINDS YOU MAY; BUT I KNOW RIGHT, THE SHORES DO TOO, THEY BREAK THEM HERE AND THERE. SO ONCE AGAIN, I ASK OF YOU MY NAME.

After a moment of silence...

• acj7000
    Original Author
    20 years ago

they noticed that it had become dark and a full moon lit up the parchment revealing...

• infullbloom
    20 years ago

"Bloody Hell !!!!!!!" Duncan cried. His throat constricting, he muttered the words barely audible, "That's the coat of arms of my family's sworn enemy."

• John_D
    20 years ago

Macbeth, the leek-eater, and his bloody clan. . . .

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH