Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GreenPrints

Posted by Aurore Zone 4/5 NY (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 10, 05 at 17:55

Has anyone tried submitting to this magazine. Granted you may not get rich with what they pay, but it sounds like they are looking for freelance writers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Prints

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GreenPrints

Yes, I submitted an article many years back and Pat liked it and paid me for it then never used it and returned it. Later I entered their contest for Bad Garden Writing and won. Go ahead, laugh. And just TODAY I sent in an article written from the plant's point of view. I don't know if it will fit their editorial format but I was told it may be mid to late February before I get a response.

o
RE: GreenPrints

This is a great little magazine. I have had one article picked up by them and currently have recently submitted another one. The whole process is quite simple. Just follow their online instructions and send in your submission by snail mail. You are right, you won't get rich here but then I don't think Pat Stone is getting rich on his little labor of love either.

I heartily endorse this little magazine. If I have one criticism, it is sometimes a little too warm and fuzzy for me. However, most of its readers would probably say that is the magazine's greatest asset -- and it probably is. It certainly fills a void addressed by no other publication that I know of.

IronBelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here