Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christopher Lloyd

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 06 at 18:24

This wonderful man has passed away. Go to the Design forum for a link to the Times obituary. As a tribute write something daring today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christopher Lloyd

Christopher Lloyd was not averse to promoting himself or his unique style and anyone who read him or met him would know that this was due to a genuine passion that he felt compelled to share. He was not a manipulator and would say what he wanted to say up front, you may not like it... but..
compare this with an oblique enquiry about 'blogs' followed by a message about ownership of what is written here followed by an announcement of intention. Chris Lloyd would have done it differently and I will miss the way of a gentleman that he embodied.

o

Are we about to see the end of Original Thought and Inspiration?

We're now being fed links with terse little messages to sites that link to other sites. "Dumbing Down" is not the term. It's more like being fed Pablum when you've become accustomed to a rich and varied wholesome diet.

I now log to myself, using Notepad, saved in an ordinary personal file. It's quite clear to me.

Nell

o

Ken Druse was asked to write the obituary for Christopher Lloyd for the New York Times and did a creditable job in remembering him as a teacher who always enjoyed working with young people.

Scott Kunst in his newsletter lauded Lloyd for having "the vision and courage to champion plants like Wyoming cannas and Byzantine glads twenty years ago when most people were scorning them...."

"Gardening, like living, should be fun."
(Christopher Lloyd, 1921-2006)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here