Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eddie_ga_7a

BLOG or weblog?

eddie_ga_7a
20 years ago

I have a newly created blog which is an acronym for web log and I think I will really like it as a means to rapidly express myself on gardening and other topics. Feel free to take a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

Comments (11)

• John_D
    20 years ago

Looks good. I've bookmarked it. I like it a lot better than web sites that have little to do with writing but are little more than links and byte bites.

• eddie_ga_7a
    Original Author
    20 years ago

You bookmarked it? The pressure is on.

• John_D
    20 years ago

I hope that's alright with you.

• mich_in_zonal_denial
    20 years ago

Aloha Eddie,
    I am the 23,001 visitor to you site.
    Do I get a prize ?

I have a couple of question for ya.

It doesn't appear that others can log onto your blog and write their opinions .

Is it possible to set up a blog and have others join in on the musings?

Michelle

• eddie_ga_7a
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Mich, you are absolutely right. I could activate my blog where others could respond and commandeer my site (just kidding) but for now I think I will settle for people just responding by email. Maybe later I may make it interactive. It can be done with just a few keystrokes.

• mich_in_zonal_denial
    20 years ago

Thanks for the info Eddie,

Do you mind telling us how you went about setting up your blog ?

For instance, did you use a pre-made template at a blog site or did you do all the super secret Hmtl coding stuff yourself ?

I am very interested because several of the more opinionated and not so politically correct frequent fliers over on the Landscape Design forum would like to set up an Alternative Design Forum where we can really get into the nitty gritty of certain design subjects as well as not have the thread hijacked by a common element who tend to dumb down the forum to a point that some of the more intelligent and witty participants are leaving for more intelligent grounds.

Any insight would be greatly helpful .

Michelle

• John_D
    20 years ago

You know, Eddie, If you can keep that blog up like that, you'll have something very publishable in no time at all. Very refreshing reading. Bestseller material.

(I, too, have a par of unmentionable garden shoes, but -- so far -- I've kept them out of company's way.)

• eddie_ga_7a
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Mich, I understand your problem with the forum and that type of thing was a deciding factor in my not making my blog interactive. I looked at my original statement where it says I "have" a blog. My webmaster installed it but he said it was incredibly simple, just go to blogger.com and look around and think about it for a while then go back and do it.
    John D, Thanks for the compliment. I thought when I wrote that shoe episode it might make a publishable story but to hear from you that you thought it was good is high praise indeed. Thanks.

• Worm_Girl
    20 years ago

I think blogging is a great way to keep up the daily writing habit and build interest about your work--not to mention the fact that it's a fun way to keep a garden journal, especially if you've got a digital camera & the blog host allows you to upload photos. I just started a blog myself about a month ago. I found that Salon's RadioUserLand software was very easy to use, but it helps that my husband is an HTML whiz--he was able to create a different background template for me.

I'll include a link to my blog here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Worms of Endearment

• Worm_Girl
    20 years ago

Oh, and here's a great list of garden blogs:

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Blogs

• John_D
    20 years ago

Amy:
    Fascinating blog. Another one I'll have to read regularly. (And I may have to get my web site back up and running. I need TIME!)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living