Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Good Daily Garden Diary Program

Posted by starflakes 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 0:47

Hi,
I noticed on another post that someone was asking about a good diary or journal program to keep notes on gardening and would like to suggest one called "iDailyDiary".
I have used it for awhile now it has an automatic entry save you can set, can be password protected, automatically opens to the current date, shows weekends, has a nice internal search engine for terms, can link inside your own diary pages or outside and all of that is free from www.zdnet.com (the download site) The programmer does have a purchase version if you want a spell checker.
zdnet asks you to register which means just providing an email addy and activating, but I have used them for years as a safe free site.
I found iDailyDiary though nice and simple to use. You can also create as many diaries as you like, so it is not just limited to one journal or entry.
Hope that helps those as at least a starting point in looking for a good program for a garden diary.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Good Daily Garden Diary Program

Do you work for them?

o

Thanks for the information. I think I will try this.

Janie

o

Welcome to Garden Web, Starflakes.

Correct me if I'm wrong: ZDnet is one of the places you can go to download programs like RealPlayer and Acrobat Reader. It isn't a little place which needs self promotion.

Thank you for this tip. Some of us need all the reminders we can get. A diary with such features might be a handy tool.

Nell

o

Just because some people troll the web promoting themselves doesn't mean everyone does.

Looks like an interesting program when I decide to ditch my current blog I may try them out.

o

Exactly what I've been looking for ~ thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here