Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maij_gw

Reprints

maij
20 years ago

I'm curious about the need for reprints. I've been getting by sending either unofficial copies or emails of my work. Do most of you purchase reprints and do all types of publications make them available?

Also "clfo", if you stop by, in an earlier thread you mentioned handing out information about yourself at the Massachusetts chapter of the Federated Garden Clubs Âspeakers dayÂ. What kind of information do you give out? Does anyone else do this?

Thanks.

Comments (3)

• John_D
    20 years ago

I just make copies and send them out, usually by email.

• clfo
    20 years ago

maij,
    I routinely ask for reprints when I do an article and they sit moldering on my bookshelf taking up space. The only time IÂve used them is to qualify for Âprofessional status with Cannon cameras, so I could get a loaner camera when mine needed service. In my opinion, in these days of color-copying, as long as you have a copy of the original article you are golden.

The Federated Garden Clubs of Massachusetts sponsor annual ÂSpeakerÂs Days for the benefit of their members. Twenty-some speakers come for the morning and present a four minute sample talk, and they (and any folks that couldnÂt fit into the program) have table space for their handouts. These handouts are basically information about the talks/lectures you do, and the fees you charge, plus a bio. Program chairs from the various garden clubs come to find speakers for the coming year.

Has this answered your question?
    C.L.

• maij
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad to hear I haven't been looking too unprofessional.

Also thanks for the info on your handouts, clfo. Sounds pretty straight forward. I wasn't sure if you provided info on what you had to offer or if you included publicity material, like copies of articles or reviews of prior speaking engagements. That was a good thread for me. I learned a lot.

Thanks again.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner