Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stylinbrunette08

'gardening is my passion' poem

stylinbrunette08
20 years ago

please let my know what you think of my poem!

"Gardening is My Passion"

gardening is my passion

it grows upon my heart

garding is my passion

it is such a lovely art

I sew the soil

I tend the plants

I even have pink gardening pants

there is no room for little black ants

to crawl up the stems of my delecate roses

or chomp on the tips of my bright purple poses

my garden is so precious

as you can see

gardening is my passion...

that is no secret

between you and me :)

Comments (9)

• eddie_ga_7a
    20 years ago

I think once before someone posted their poetry here and it was about gardening which does fall under garden writing but they were not happy with the comments they received and I'm afraid you wouldn't be either but I could be wrong. Just for starters, did you mean "sow?"

• ginger_nh
    20 years ago

Reminds me of the sensitive, lyrical work of INKognito . . .

Ginger

• inkognito
    20 years ago

We do not speak of passion when scents arouse us.
    Seldom do we admit to the same attraction a bee duzz.
    Or the smell of the sweat under an arm that the work does.
    We know it but we do not call it by that name. It is not talked of.
    This is our secret.

• superpenguin52
    20 years ago

this is a great poem!!! I love it! SUPURB!! The writer is a genius! Can I quote it?

• stylinbrunette08
    Original Author
    20 years ago

wow.. this is harsh! a little jealous.. ARE WE? I must say, superpenguin, you are so kind. It's good to see that SOMEONE has a brain.. other than me that is. Oh yeah, superpenguin, I will gladly allow you to quote my superb poem. I am glad you enjoyed it!

• inkognito
    20 years ago

Poetry exposes us, otherwise there is no point, so perhaps this public forum is not the best medium to express ones passion that way. It was extremely brave of the original poster to expose themselves and we should not judge it from a safe, smug, place. If we were all prepared to show it would be different. What do we do instead, we tell. So show us yours and this will allow you the right of passage.

• clfo
    20 years ago

Stylin,
    I think your poem is sweet. It made me smile, I liked the way it took unexpected turns in language and meter. I wondered if you wrote "sew" intentionally, meaning to mend the earth. (The sand we call "soil" in my area needs a great deal of mending.) So, (sew, sow) I hope you keep writing poetry.
    C.L.

• stylinbrunette08
    Original Author
    20 years ago

clfo, thank you for your kind compliment. As for the rest of you, I came to this post not knowing that I my poetry would be criticized. I honestly do not know what "writing" is considered to be in the world of gardening. I just assumed that I could post my cute little poem about how much I love to garden. Is that so wrong? Once again, clfo, I would like to thank you for yout support. If you would like to see some of my other poems, you can visit this writing forum:
    http://www.writermag.com/wrt/community/forum/

you can look for some of my work there (my screen name there is the same as it is here). I am new to that website, so I only posted 2 poems so far. I will post them here for your enjoyment.

"Pink Ribbons"

over the hills
    I see the moon in the sky
    the pink ripples of clouds
    way up high
    I grasp the sight
    I embrace the moment
    forever the pink ribbons
    will lace through my mind
    and tie the beauty to my heart
    of this sight in the sky.

"Spring"

the gentle wisper of the sparrow speaks truth
    it's soft flow of chirps are welcoming spring
    I ponder in my lofty room
    about what the new season will bring.

The breeze softly flows through my window
    It caresses my skin, freshly kissed by the sun
    I know that I will soon have so much fun
    frolicing and dancing barefoot on the grass
    I wonder what will happen in the time that will pass.

I see a glimmering star,
    and I know that it is not so far.

I hope you enjoyed them!

Kayla

• doug
    19 years ago

I am not a poem person but one thing I do recognize is your poetry reflects the sights and sounds of life. Most of us take for granted or gloss over the simple elements of life.

When I was a youngster in public school, we had to write out the poem 'Daffodils', when we got out of line. The teacher would say, "write 10 pages of Daffodils after school". I wandered lonely as a cloud through fields of Daffodils, still sticks in my mind.

I think you did a very good job of writing, at least yours was from the heart.It is doubtful if the critics could do better....Doug

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists