Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenladee

Quote from my daily calendar

GardenLadee
20 years ago

God is the friend of silence.

Trees, flowers, grass grow in silence.

See the stars, moon, and sun how they move in silence.

- Mother Teresa -

Comments (3)

• eddie_ga_7a
    19 years ago

Thanks.

• laa_laa
    19 years ago

Last night I went out in the garden when I couldn't sleep. It was about 1:A.M.. I sat in the garden chair and watched the sky. The stars are amazing. The sky was a deep indigo blue, lighter in color than the shapes of the surrounding trees and buildings.
    Long ago, when I would sit out at night, enjoying a small night breeze after the heat of the day and the fragrance of the Jasmine, I would be thankful that I lived in the time I do. I wondered what the sky might look like 100 years into the future. Just suppose many citizens of this world had their private airplanes, replacing automobiles.The sky might be so full of noise and lights that the stars would no longer be visible. I would gaze and wonder at that bright scattering of stars and try to take it all in to make up for all the future generations who might never see it as I do.
    Now, however, I not only feel lucky to live when I do, but also where I do. There is such a feeling of freedom to be able to go outside any time I want to, especially when I think of the many places in the world where people cannot enjoy the night-time sky because of bombings, warfare, and curfews.
    I wonder if this world will ever be entirely at peace.
    L.

• eddie_ga_7a
    19 years ago

Dear Laa Laa, you paint an interesting picture with your words and I enjoyed reading what you wrote. It brought back memories of when I was stationed in Oklahoma in the Army. I'm from Georgia but I never saw so many stars as I did on clear, dark nights in Oklahoma where there was no light pollution. It was mind-boggling. I suppose people take their freedoms for granted and gardening is one of those freedoms: One has their own little plot of land and can exercise their wishes upon it.
    Gardening can give us a certain amount of peace but mostly, peace comes from within and you seem to have found it.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!