Return to the Garden Writers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More & more i flow to the weather

Posted by jenizone5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 27, 04 at 1:44

More & more I flow to the weather.
It commands me.
Heavy lows I lie reading and restless. I transplant.
Sometimes I shape.
Sparkling highs I skip trailing love-lies-bleeding holding aloft the platycodon, figuratively.

Springing with Spring I grow manic like these damn dandlions. Spreading my seeds (oops. sorry, I only have eggs)
Then trip with the rain, fine rain,
don't have to turn on the sprinkler this week rain.
In the releasee of rain you can ask of me anything.
My sons get money, I cook for friends.
Then summer ~ oh, how can others live in that silk flower world when each leaf is dancing, while the branches sway to the beat of the trunk to the fingers of roots nestled snug into our earth is dancing.
Sweat rolling off my nose and into the carrots. Time for fences and roofs and a half day respite. But then, as harvest begins, the taste of winter to come sweetens the ripe and I remember the eternal cycle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More & more i flow to the weather

The line I like best is:
"oh how can others live in that silk flower world when each leaf is dancing"

o

Perfect analogy. I like the line "Heavy lows I lie reading and restless". "Silk flower world" is excellent also.

Coleen

o

• Posted by clfo z7 with luck (My Page) on
    Sun, May 30, 04 at 20:15

For me, the lines that resonate most are:
"In the release of rain you can ask of me anything.
My sons get money, I cook for friends."

This is pure poetry using a few words and images to express volumes.
thanks, C.L.

o

Very nice - seeing into your world and drawing parallels
G.

o

I keep coming back to this thread to read your poetry again and again. It has such a fluidity... I really enjoy reading this. Do you have more? Lina.

o

Thank you for your kind replies. The poem is a rough draft, but I thought I had a nice start and I wondered if I was saying anything worth saying so I posted it. I used to write as a young woman, but haven't recently. I was reading Whitmans' "Leaves of Grass" and got inspired.
One of the changes I would make is to change "trailing love-lies-bleeding" to "trailing dicentra", because I used the scientific name for balloon flower and I think it should parallel.
(Yes I know dicentra is bleeding hearts...but I can't pronounce amaranthus)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Writers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here