18 years ago

I wrote a garden song. To hear the first verse go to

http://www.mindspring.com/~erhoades/songs/index.htm

click on "Green Man"

Comments (16)

• eddie_ga_7a
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am responding to my own post to move it down.

• Eddie_GA
    18 years ago

Odd, I had to re-register for all gardenweb forums?

• Herb
    18 years ago

The same happened to me. The Hortiplex database didn't work for a day or two, but now it's working again.

• clfo
    18 years ago

Eddie,
    I love your garden song! Have you ever thought about doing a whole CD of garden-theme tunes?

Thanks for sharing this one with us!

• Eddie_GA
    18 years ago

My very first CD has the one garden song "Green Man" on it and if I do another CD it will have a song called "I Like My Garden Just A Little On The Trashy Side." I don't think I can come up with enough garden songs to fill an album just yet but maybe someday.....
    CL, You are welcome to use the Green Man on your radio program if you wish.

• John_D
    18 years ago

Eddie:
    You're good.

• Herb
    18 years ago

Eddie -

John's right, you are good - and Amanda's voice is good too.

• Eddie_GA
    18 years ago

Thanks John and Herb for always being supportive and positive in your comments. Thanks also to listening to the song clips, I will pass the compliment along to Amanda.

• Phylla
    18 years ago

Eddie,man,not only are you good, yer fine,too!

I've been lucky to meet ya & hear you play afterhours at the Cullowhee conference, always a delight. Hope to see you there again this year (praying mantis mask!) Will have to get me some of them CD's of yours there...

• bostongardens
    18 years ago

Hi, Eddie ~

We still remember the time you brought your guitar to the GWA Regional meeting we held in Georgia. In fact, I have some great pictures (somewhere). When it's time for a cover for that CD, let me know! Keep playing and singing ....

• clfo
    18 years ago

Thanks, Eddie! I will use it in the future. My intro music and the tunes I use going in and out of commercials don't have lyrics right now, but I just might change that in the future. I often think that I should use the Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" for a theme song.

I LOVE the idea of a song about a garden on the trashy side. How about writing one about bugs?

Just keep writing

• Eddie_GA
    18 years ago

Guess what gang? Famous local garden guru Walter Reeves said he would play the Green Man on his show. Now lots of people in Georgia will hear it but they may not know I wrote it. Actually, I co-wrote it with my brother Robert but that 's me singing it and Robert singing backup, me playing lead guitar and me on dueling Kazoos. Walter said it sounded like someone playing paper folded over a comb. Remember that? I told Amanda she had been getting compliments on the Internet and she was pleasantly surprised. I WILL be at Cullowhee (Native Plant Conference) with a stack of CDs and I will be playing into the wee hours as always.
    I am sure no one here understands the Preying mantis comment. I wore a pair of preying mantis sunglasses to Cullowhee last year and stopped a few people in their tracks. As you may already know, the female praying mantis devours her mate while they are having sex....... I say it's worth it. Thanks Boston but we already used a photo for the cover and besides, a 20 year old photo might raise some eyebrows when they see the current me. Still, I would be interested in seeing any photos of me playing and singing. I have already written ten songs for the next CD but I need to wait and see if I come close to breaking even on this one before I ante up for the next one. Ooooooo I have some great songs waiting in the wings. One reminds me of Don Hendly's (Eagles) Dirty Laundry. And CL, it would include "Trashy Side" Boy am I rambling on. I am starting back going to open mike night at local bars. I invited two different women to come hear me play and sing. Hope they don't both show up at the same time. I remember many years ago exactly that happening. Well, so much for stardom, gotta go mop the floors and scrub the commode.

• John_D
    18 years ago

Cool!

• Eddie_GA
    18 years ago

John, Just thought I'd mention that a added a fresh post to my blog.

• John_D
    18 years ago

Nice addition; I like your detour into history.

You have my sympathy with the heat and mugginess. We get about two or three days like that in summer, if at all.

By the way, it's O.K. to put ice cubes into your wine in hot muggy weather. Some of the Napa Valley's top winemakers do that when it's hot outside.

• bostongardens
    18 years ago

Posted by: Eddie_GA 7A on Fri, Jun 3, 05 at 19:26
    <....>and besides, a 20 year old photo might raise some eyebrows when they see the current me <....>

Don't tell me that was 20 years ago! Say it isn't so! Now I'm depressed. Time does fly by when you're having fun.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!